Find Out How Adding Color to Your Awning Can Bring in More Business
January 1, 2019
Anyone who runs a business knows how important curb appeal is. The more aesthetically pleasing the exterior of your business is, the more likely customers are to walk in and take a look. If you don’t put any thought into your curb appeal, not only could it scare customers away (especially if your exterior is in disrepair), but customers may not even notice your business to begin with.
One way that you can draw the eye to your place of business is by installing outdoor awnings on the exterior. Outdoor awnings can help provide visual depth to an otherwise flat exterior. However, when you choose an awning, it’s important that you use the right colors. The following are a few ways in which the color you use can bring in more business:
Create Brand Recognition
If people are already familiar with your brand, then using the colors in your brand’s logo on your awning will make it easier for them to recognize your store. This is important for making sure that customers who are looking for your store are able to find it from the road. This way, if you’re located in a strip mall, for example, someone who might be looking for you won’t just drive by without seeing your store and then give up, only to go somewhere else.
Additionally, if you haven’t yet established your brand, the colors you use for your awning will help you do so. People will come to recognize your store by the awning and its color, which means that they will more easily recognize your brand should you ever open up another location using the same colored outdoor awnings.
Incite Specific Emotions
The colors you choose for your outdoor awnings shouldn’t just concern your brand. Colors are vital to incite certain emotions in customers. This is why certain types of businesses should not only use certain types of colors in their outdoor awnings, but also in their branding in general, from their logo to their website design. The following are some of the different colors you can use to help instill a certain emotional response from your customers:
- Red – Red is a bold color used to generate excitement and urgency. Many companies use red as a way to make their brand seem new and exciting. Some examples include Nintendo, Lego, and Target. Red is also known to induce hunger, which is why fast food restaurants often use red, such as McDonald’s and Burger King.
- Green – Green tends to represent health, nature, and growth. Grocery stores, especially organic-based health stores, often use green, such as Whole Foods.
- Blue – Blue represents dependability, trust, and wisdom. This is a good color for businesses that are selling services, such as repair services. A lot of electronic-based brands, like Dell, HP, and Intel use blue.
- Purple – Purple is often associated with royalty and wisdom, which is why it’s commonly used for businesses that sell beauty products.
- Black – Black represents power, stability, and strength. Too much black can be overwhelming, but some black can help get this association across. Stores that sell business clothing often wear black, as do law firms. Guinness and Nike are two companies that use black very effectively.
As you can imagine, not only can outdoor awnings help attract more customers to your store, but the use of specific colors can help to get them in the mood to buy whatever products or services that you have to offer. For more information about installing outdoor awnings on your property to improve your business, be sure to contact us at Dorchester Awning today.