Dorchester Awning Maintenance Services Keep Your Awnings Looking Great
April 6, 2021
At Dorchester Awning, we can help design, manufacture, and install your awnings, but did you know that we provide awning maintenance services in Massachusetts as well?
Cleaning a fabric awning will preserve and extend its looks and life. The International Fabrics Association International/Professional Awning Manufacturers Association suggests regular awning maintenance, which usually involves light cleaning once or twice a year. Additional care may be necessary in between if stains or soiling appears.
Dorchester Awning also offers our customers professional awning removal in the fall and if repairs are needed, we can work with you to address them over the winter. Our team of professionals will make the process seamless and worry-free. Be sure to book your appointments early to ensure that you get your awnings installed by spring.
Fall Awning Removal
Dorchester Awning specializes in awning care. Our awning maintenance services in Massachusetts include cleaning, removing, storing, and reinstalling. Once outdoor parties come to an end, we’ll come to you to remove your awnings, clean them, and place them in storage.
Over the winter storage period, we’ll have you schedule a date for us to come back out and reinstall your awnings in the spring. In the meantime, we can take care of any repairs to keep your awnings looking great. Not only will winter storage keep your awnings clean and crisp for springtime, but it’ll also save you from excessive maintenance due to winter weather exposure.
In the spring, we’ll bring your awnings back, fully repaired and cleaned, for reinstallation. Our professional installation team will be sure to replace your awnings correctly and in no time. The awning maintenance services team saves you storage costs, headaches, and possible injury (from falling from a ladder or the like).
We make it easy to book appointments for reinstallation, so be sure to book early to make sure you have your awning in time for nice weather.
General Care Tips and Tricks
Generally, awning maintenance services are not excessive. Awning care is easy, and there are a few tips and tricks for keeping your awnings looking great without wearing you out.
- Consult with the fabric manufacturer for proper cleaning instructions.
- During seasons of use, try to keep puddles of water from settling. This puddling can damage the fabric. A correct pitch will help keep water from pooling.
- Clean from the bottom and work up. Use a broom, brush, or cloth to clean off all debris.
- After you’ve removed all the debris, hose off the framework and clean with a soft cloth.
- Gently scrub the awning and valance with a soft-bristled brush and a mild soap such as dishwashing liquid.
- Completely and thoroughly rinse all parts of the awning. Missed spots show when dried, and film left on the material will leave marks and a chalky residue.
- About once a month, rinse your awning down with a garden hose and keep the underside clean by simply brushing with a clean household broom. Most synthetic fabrics benefit from a monthly rinse with cold water to prevent dirt from becoming embedded.
- Keep shrubbery and vines trimmed away from your awnings, as they can damage the fabric.
- Check awning frames for rust. Though rust is not likely, it can cause deterioration of the frame and lead to fabric stains.
- Awning hardware can benefit from being lubricated once per year. The preferred lubrication is dry silicone spray lubricant, and it will help keep the hardware quiet.
- Fasteners should be checked once a year.
Whether you choose self-maintenance or Dorchester Awning maintenance services, your awnings will look great for many years to come.
Now that you have learned about awning maintenance services in Massachusetts, contact us today to learn more and schedule your free design consultation.